Sunday, March 31, 2013

UNORSSGO™ v. 2.0.12


2012 brought a huge change for me, and please don't keep your hopes up, it's not something on the romantic level. College has been tough, given alone that I'm taking up such a terrible course - BS Chemical Engineering, hell it is.

With the peers you have, the unlimited charge of paperwork, the discouraging failed experiments, minor subjects acting major-ish, it's really difficult to keep focus. Time management has always been a problem for me. I'd always end up compromising my attendance on one subject to submit to the requirements of another. Aside from that, upon entry in college, I've always thought that I'd get it through without any other affiliations, with merely sticking with my old colleagues - high school friends - who happen to share the same department with me.

It has opened windows of opportunities and doors of challenges. I have been offered by our incumbent SSG President, Mr. Bobb Michael Bokingo, a position in his cabinet. Being the Secretary for Public Information, I have been able to build my confidence in myself and new friendships, trust towards subordinates, cope up with deadlines and meet them and most especially enhance my technical skills by lay-outing certificates, tarpaulins, social media updates.. and so on. It was the first huge office I took the privilege of joining and I'm happy I accepted the challenge.

So, now, lemme proudly present to you my UNORSSGO Family...

SSG Post-Christmas Party (c) January 2013
Our term's close to a close. And, everytime I remember that, it makes me wonder what I'll be doing this incoming school year... without the SSG Office para tambayan, these people to whom I make sagap the latest chikka, plan the coolest birthday suprises (which I haven't experienced myself, yet, and will never will I guess. Lol.), the always hanging-up SSG PC and printer to which I owe a number of my reports and homeworks, freebie shirts and some other random stuff, sponsored trips (my biggest was the one held at Dumaguete City for some outreach program) and of course the stress.

The Stress. Consecutive days of not sleeping to give the student body exciting activities throughout the University Week from Mr. and Ms. UNO-R to the Status Night to the Star Factor to the Hydrolympics to the ShortFilm Festival, oh, that all with simultaneous car shows. U-Week is, so to say, our make-believe week... making ourselves believe that we've had a good-enough share of power naps to reboot us and reactivate our nerves. Good thing we're all good in make-believing. We got through it alive. Yep, alive. 'cause, practically, everyone bagged down every after event having fever and all. What's special with us is that no sickness no sleepless nightsss can keep our team from functioning our jobs. 

We delivered what was expected of us and so much more.


KUDOS UNORSSGO 2012-2013! I will miss you all. 
To our dear graduates - Phoebe Mae Perez, Marie Raphaelle Aboy , Genus Marti Mercurio (Cum Laude) - CONGRATULATIONS! We are truly truly proud of you. Good luck on the job hunting guys. Ari lang kami di, gahulat sinyo libre makasweldo kamo. Hahahaha. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment